Wednesday, 7 October 2009
For starters, Marks & Sparks have a massive sale on, with 50% off many nice things.
If you need some new lights for your bike - or your children's bikes - here's a bargain from Evans Cycles - use the code AUTUMN to get your 20% off.
And while we are talking bikes, Wiggle Online Cycle Shop has a 15% off sale all this month.
Seasalt - they of the colourful organic attire - have introduced a sliding discount offer. Spend over £50 and get 10% off, spend over £75 and get 15% off and spend over £100 and get £20% off!
So Organic Ltd has some nice deals on bedding and skin care products.
Green People have 10% off absolutely everything...
And finally, how would you like £10 off your next phone bill?
It’s your call …
Ethical Bargains have formed a partnership with The Phone Co-op to offer you a great deal on phone calls, line rental and broadband.
We chose The Phone Co-op as a partner on the strength of our shared values. The Phone Co-op is the only real option for anyone seeking a more ethical and environmentally responsible supplier of telephone calls, broadband and line rental. Owned and democratically controlled by its customers, the co-operative is primarily concerned with giving customers what they want, namely good value, excellent service and a socially responsible, environmentally sustainable approach to business.
Their line rental and mobile services are both rated a ‘Best Buy’ by Ethical Consumer magazine and their broadband service is also recommended. What’s more, the co-operative was winner of the Green England Best for Customer Service Award, so you can be confident that you’ll receive high standards of service as well as getting an excellent deal on price.
To find out more, visit the Phone Co-Op or call them on 0845 458 9040.
Quote ‘Ethical Bargains’ and our Code 384/AF0446 to receive a £10 credit on your first bill.
Monday, 21 September 2009
1. One of the best ways to save both energy and money is to ensure that our household appliances are as efficient as they can be. Old refrigerators, cookers and washing machines can be real energy-hogs and end up costing much more to run that the latest models. And now Marks & Spencer Appliances helps out by taking your old machine for recycling when they deliver a new one - a practice we will see much more over the next few years. Their prices are good, too.
2. As the nights get longer and cooler, you are probably thinking of warmer bedding (well, you are now!) and this could be a good time to check out So Organic Ltd where I have just noticed they have 20% off bedding and duvets at the moment.
3. Shoes. Irresistible. Terraplana say: "...we try hard to use a variety of eco-friendly materials and innovative minimal glue constructions. Shoes that are good for you, shoes made from recycled materials, the minimum shoe. The totally sustainable shoe is still a long way off but with each collection we get that little bit closer." Nice shoes, too.
4. Do you like having books read to you? I do. And you might be surprised at how many titles are available as audio books these days - take a look at Listen2Online to find out why books don't always have to be printed.
5. And back to the 'saving money on energy' theme - you might want to take a look at Save On Your Bills for some really good energy-saving tips and the possibility that you could make bigger savings by switching supplier. Their service is service is free, fast, completely impartial and accredited by Consumer Focus.
And finally - as I mentioned bees - there is a new charity to protect the interests of bees and to fund research into bee conservation and more natural beekeeping methods. If you would like to help, either by making a small donation or by spreading the word, take a look at Friends of the Bees for lots of free information about bees and natural beekeeping.
Friday, 28 August 2009
SoOrganic have a Bank Holiday Special - orders over £50 will receive £5 off with code bank5 and orders over £100 will receive £10 off with code bank10. Just add products to your basket until the subtotal is over £50 or £100, and then enter the relevant code at checkout to make your saving. Offer valid from now until Tuesday 1st September, so grab it while you can!
They are offering 20% off the RRP of all books on the site for the bank holiday weekend.
The code is: BORSAVE200809
End date: 31.08.2009
If books are already discounted above 20% on the site, the best discount will apply at checkout. Get your discount here.
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Sorry about the bad link I sent the other day - and thanks to those people who took the trouble to tell me about it.
Here's an even better deal on top-brand refurbished computers - this time with a 3-year warranty - see this link.
And as a bonus - for anyone who suspects they may be allergic to any food products - Yorktest Laboratories have a special reduction on their well-known food intolerance test this month until 27th August. Time to get it checked for less than a tenner?
I will leave you alone now - until something special comes up!
Ethical, Green and Organic
Sunday, 16 August 2009
1. Is your old computer getting past it? Rather than spending out on brand new machine, have you considered a refurbished model - with a 12 month warranty? Have a look here.
2. If you have not yet bought anything from Green People, now is a good time to do it as you can get free postage on your first order. They have probably the widest range of organic skin and body care products you will find, and helpfully provide a list of ingredients they do not use.
3. High fashion, ethical footwear? You know you want to look at the Terraplana site. They make a variety of sustainable products - including shoes. Actually, mostly shoes. You may not want to go barefoot ever again.
4. Triodos Bank is the most actively ethical bank in the UK, enabling people’s money to work for positive Social, Environmental, and Cultural change. Established nearly 30 years ago, Triodos Bank not only lets customers know where they don’t invest eg corrupt regimes and the arms trade but is also completely open and transparent about all the organisations it does lend to. Their Online Saver can be opened for as little as £1, and if you start one with £100, you get a free ‘Go Slow England’ book from leading environmental publishers Alastair Sawday worth £20.
5. Get on your bike with Evans Cycles and take advantage of their massive online sale - with free delivery and a no-hassle returns policy - road bikes, mountain bikes, electric bikes, folding bikes... you really can't miss this one.
Monday, 10 August 2009
1. Let's start with some voucher codes for Gossypium - Ethical Clothing:
a. spend in between £50 and £99 and get a £5 discount using this code: AW05
b. spend in between £100 and £ 149 and get a £ 10 discount using: AW10
c. Spend over £150 and get a £ 15 discount using AW15
2. So Organic Ltd have a summer sale on right now, with up top 30% off - and they have some great freebies too! They also now stock the entire Hauschka range, which is available online.
3. Triodos Bank is not one of the big, High Street banks that everyone knows - but because of their ethical standards, they didn't suffer the same traumas last year: when their competitors fell apart, Triodos stayed strong and continues to offer the same secure returns as it always has. If you are looking for a safe and ethical place to invest your savings, you might want to take a look at Triodos Bank
4. People Tree always have some really nice stuff in stock, and their FairTrade range is especially good value. Free delivery on orders over £50 until August 28th.
5. For rough and tough outdoor types who like genuine army surplus gear, take a look at the Mean and Green site and get free UK postage on any order using this code: BONDMAG
6. Sometimes it is really useful to have a credit card - like when shopping online, or travelling - but you want to be sure that you can't spend more than a certain amount. Or you want to give a growing-up child some spending money, but you don't want them carrying a lot of cash around. For these kinds of situation, the BREAD Card is ideal - it's a card you can pay into, and only spend what is in the account. It's a great idea, and really easy to get - no credit checks.
7. Did you know that you could actually save money by going green? This site tells you how! They say - No matter what life style you have today, everything you need to know about saving money and helping the planet is all in this book
Monday, 20 April 2009
1. Greenfibres has a new catalogue out, with some great products - they are one of the older organic clothing suppliers and pride themselves on exceptional customer service. Take a look at their new range - and remember to check out the sales bargains.
2. Triodos Bank is not one of the big, High Street banks that everyone knows - but because of their ethical standards, they didn't suffer the same traumas last year: when their competitors fell apart, Triodos stayed strong and continues to offer the same secure returns as it always has. If you are looking for a safe and ethical place to invest your savings, you might want to take a look at Triodos Bank
3. Did you know that you could actually save money by going green? This site tells you how! They say - No matter what life style you have today, everything you need to know about saving money and helping the planet is all in this book
4. Growing your own food was always a good idea, and now it is becoming essential for many people as a way of stretching the budget as well as providing fresher, greener and tastier veg for your table. Evengreener have a great range of compost bins, boxes and kitchen caddies to make the whole process of making your own fertilizer less smelly and more natural.
5. 'Sustainable shoes' is not a phrase you hear often, so check out Terraplana's amazing range of footwear - including the incredibly comfortable 'barefoot' range. Your feet will be pleased you did!
6. Have you ever thought of keeping bees? Have a free read of this article by 'Barefoot Beekeeper' Phil Chandler and see how easy it can bee!
Sunday, 1 February 2009
1. Of course we had to have a Valentine's Day offer, and we found some nice ideas right here at Love Eco.
2. You'll find vibrant and colourful things for your children at Babi Pur and everything is from fair trade producers or made locally in Wales. And guess what - they have a sale on right now! Shop with confidence for your baby or toddler, everything is ethically sourced and of the highest quality. We stock organic cotton baby clothes, Fairtrade certified cotton baby clothes, bamboo baby clothing, natural skincare and fair trade toys and clothes so you can keep your baby green and stylish.
3. If you are still in need of adult's or children's warm outer clothing this winter, Seasalt are selling a late delivery of jackets and waterproofs at cut prices - take a look here.
4. Peruvian Connection weaves fashion, art and culture into luxurious clothing and accessories. Every garment and piece of jewellery is completely original. Women's clothing up to 33% off. and men's up to 50% off and a clearance sale with up to 80% off!
5. The Go Green Company have some great power-saving gadgets - but what really caught my eye there was a big reduction of real sheep's wool duvets - just right for February nights.
6. Here's a very interesting concept for connecting borrowers and lenders that actually sidesteps the credit crunch and the banks! Zopa is a lending and borrowing exchange, offering loans of £1000 to £15000 for up to 5 years. They are also one of the only loan providers allowing borrowers to repay their loan early with no penalty or sneaky fees, so it's a really flexible loan. And, by the way, Zopa lenders also offer loans at some of the lowest rates in the market. Unlike the high street banks, they have no shortage of funds, so there's no credit crunch here!
Thursday, 22 January 2009
1. BigGreenSmile.com have a gadget sale, with up to 55% reductions on natty, green gizmos that will appeal to 'boys' of all ages and both genders! They also do baby, home and cleaning stuff. Free postage on over £50 orders too.
2. If you are in search of the unusual, and appreciate good design, you will find many lovely things at Pure Design - including jewellery, sculpture and fashion items.
3. Green Trading have some really tasty and fashionable organic and ethical clothing, accessories and grooming products - many with big reductions - I see prices cut by 50% or more.
4. The Go Green Company provide you with information on a wide range of products that enable you to Go Green and make a positive impact - from energy efficient light bulbs, through to solar panels, to highly efficient ground source heat pumps. Lots of savings to be made here!
5. Ecoutlet have a great range of unusual products made from recycled materials - many with substantial price cuts.
6. Lastly, a book that could answer your questions about what a really healthy diet consists of - the Healthy Urban Kitchen Cookbook is packed with good info from New York's top personal trainer - no pills, powders, body builder supplements or low fat, low carb 'diet' foods - discover EXACTLY what you should eat to look and feel your best.
Thursday, 15 January 2009
1. Fou Furnishings' 10% discount voucher brings you organic luxury bed linen and accessories for less. Choose from a range of original and registered innovative designs, including their easy-load duvet cover, which allows you to get the duvet into its cover without crawling inside it! All linens come in exceptionally high thread counts up to 475, not generally available in organic cotton. If you order online, use the voucher code 'ffdiscount' to get 10% off until 16th February. If ordering by post, download a voucher.
2. Green People offers handmade health and beauty products that are 100% natural and certified organic - currently with FREE DELIVERY on your first order (UK mainland only). And they have a January Sale running! Established 10 years, and with a substantial distributor base across the UK, Green People is a recognised brand among organics enthusiasts.
3. Thinking of holidays? Responsibletravel.com is the world's leading ethical travel directory with over 3000 holidays and accommodations from around the world. Every holiday has been screened to make sure it meets strict socially and environmentally responsible criteria.
4. Did you know that you could actually save money by going green? This site tells you how!
They say - No matter what life style you have today, everything you need to know about saving money and helping the planet is all in this book
We like to support businesses aiming to improve their ethical and green credentials. See our website at http://www.ethicalshopping.info for more E.G.O. links. If you would like to recommend a company to us, or tell us what you think of our service, please use the 'contact' form on our web site.
All recommendations and voucher codes are given in good faith, but we cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions or companies failing to fulfil their legal obligations.
Monday, 12 January 2009
1. Greenfibres have their biggest ever sale until the end of January with substantial reductions. Greenfibres have always been leaders in the organic textiles field, and their products reflect the care they put in to ethical and organic sourcing.
2. Are you looking for food supplements to help you through the winter? Take a look for a great range of 'natural state' vitamins and minerals, including many vegetarian and vegan items.
3. Feeling lonely? Take a look through the Natural Friends directory for free using this link and see if there is anyone there who takes your fancy!
4. Thinking of getting a bike ready for spring? Take a look at the biggest UK cycle retailer. They do bikes, bits for bikes, and things you wear when riding bikes. They have cut their prices and are giving away gift vouchers too!
5. Sometimes we need the convenience of a credit card, but now you can have one that will never get you into debt! The new BREAD card is a pre-paid Maestro that can be used exactly like a credit or debit card, but you can only spend what you put in - ideal for funding children and students, as well as managing your own bills. No monthly fees, no credit checks and no interest payments - just charge it up from your bank account or with cash.
6. A Gossypium voucher code: A7DJRQ will still give you 10% off when entered at the checkout.
7. If you have a few notes to spare this month, how about passing some to Greenpeace to support their excellent work? To make it easy for you, click here
Tuesday, 6 January 2009
1. Seasalt have just announced a sale with up to 70% off - some great savings to be had on their bright and breezy organic clothing from this link - click here
2. Do you need the convenience of a credit card, but without the worry of over-spending? The new BREAD card is a pre-paid Maestro that can be used exactly like a credit or debit card, but you can only spend what you put in - ideal for funding children and students, as well as managing your own bills. No monthly fees and no interest payments - just charge it up from your bank account or with cash. click here
3. Fresh fruit - including organic selections - delivered to your desk or door? Graze offer delicious, healthy, natural food; fresh fruit & vegetables, delicious nuts, seeds & dried fruits, tasty crackers & olives as well as treats from their natural indulgence range all completely free from artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives. And your first box is FREE! click here
4. If you like to see wild birds around the place - and who doesn't - how about giving them a treat to help them through the winter? Garden Bird Supplies has the widest selection of wild bird food in the UK, and also supplies feeders, nest boxes and so on. click here
So don't feel bad about taking advantage of these bargains!
1. Marks and Spencer have some great bargains, including 50% off furniture until Jan 6 and 33% off wine.
2. This code: A7DJRQ applied at checkout will get you 10% OFF at Gossypium from this link
3. This code: AF27740957 applied at the Greenpeople checkout is worth £5 off orders over £35 on this link
4. Adili have some great sale prices too - up to 50% off from this link
5. Greenfibres have their biggest ever sale here with big reductions on their high quality organic and ethical products.
Enjoy these prices while they last!
Happy New Year from the editor!
'Ethical shopping' simply means buying products that guarantee that they are grown and/or manufactured according to recognized ethical standards, which may cover issues such as worker welfare, minimum wages and working conditions, and in some cases, the chemicals that may be used in the cultivation of raw materials and treatment of the end product.
Our intention is to give you access to a range of products that are regarded as having been ethically sourced - which often means they are certified organic and almost inevitably 'green'.
See 'latest offers' for up-to-date links to E.G.O. bargains.
Because not everyone will wish to apply the same standards of ethics, we advise you to research products yourself and ask relevant questions of the manufacturers and distributors.
To receive early notice of ethical, green and organic special offers, join the free E.G.O. list. We will only send you an email when we have something special to tell you - no spam - and you can leave at any time with a single click.