Summer started well and then turned wet in many places, putting a damper on holidays and on tourist-based businesses - among them some fine organic establishments that we hope will come through this recession relatively unscathed. As I have said before - we need to support businesses that are trying hard to do the right thing: after all, we want them to still be there when times are better.
1. Let's start with some voucher codes for Gossypium - Ethical Clothing:
a. spend in between £50 and £99 and get a £5 discount using this code: AW05
b. spend in between £100 and £ 149 and get a £ 10 discount using: AW10
c. Spend over £150 and get a £ 15 discount using AW15
2. So Organic Ltd have a summer sale on right now, with up top 30% off - and they have some great freebies too! They also now stock the entire Hauschka range, which is available online.
3. Triodos Bank is not one of the big, High Street banks that everyone knows - but because of their ethical standards, they didn't suffer the same traumas last year: when their competitors fell apart, Triodos stayed strong and continues to offer the same secure returns as it always has. If you are looking for a safe and ethical place to invest your savings, you might want to take a look at Triodos Bank
4. People Tree always have some really nice stuff in stock, and their FairTrade range is especially good value. Free delivery on orders over £50 until August 28th.
5. For rough and tough outdoor types who like genuine army surplus gear, take a look at the Mean and Green site and get free UK postage on any order using this code: BONDMAG
6. Sometimes it is really useful to have a credit card - like when shopping online, or travelling - but you want to be sure that you can't spend more than a certain amount. Or you want to give a growing-up child some spending money, but you don't want them carrying a lot of cash around. For these kinds of situation, the BREAD Card is ideal - it's a card you can pay into, and only spend what is in the account. It's a great idea, and really easy to get - no credit checks.
7. Did you know that you could actually save money by going green? This site tells you how! They say - No matter what life style you have today, everything you need to know about saving money and helping the planet is all in this book